Application of diamond and CBN tools and their advantages over abrasive tools
APPLICATION OF DIAMOND TOOLS AND THEIR ADVANTAGES OVER ABRASIVE TOOLS
- Processing, sharpening and finishing of tools made of all alloy types.
- Sharpening and finishing of carbide tools.
- Processing and cutting of silicon, germanium and other semiconducting
- Processing, cutting and finishing of tools made of ferrite, ceramic and glass materials.
- Processing of graphite and carbon reinforced plastics.
- Processing and cutting of reinforced fiber glass plastics, fiberplastics.
- Finishing and polishing of precious stones.
- Cutting, finishing and polishing of artificial and natural stones.
- Processing of all types of decorative and technical glasses and porcelain.
- Cutting and processing of all types of refractory materials.
ADVANTAGES OF DIAMOND GRINDING TOOLS OVER ABRASIVE TOOLS
- High wear resistance.
- Workpiece life longer after diamond tool profiling.
- Less thermal workpiece damage due to lower temperature in grinding zone.
- Longer lasting, hence reduced changeover times.
- Higher volumes at the same level of quality.
PHYSICOMECHANICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF ABRASIVE TOOL MATERIALS